Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Unexpected Joy

There is something that really intrigues me about the idea of Project 365. For those who aren't familiar with the project, it basically consists of documenting every day with a photograph. You can learn all about it here: http://content.photojojo.com/tutorials/project-365-take-a-photo-a-day/

I am not sure I can really commit to taking a photograph every day but it does make me realize that I should do a better job of taking and sharing more photos here. It is all about the view through my shutter after all! So, while I am not ready to commit to taking a photo every day, I am ready to do a better job of capturing the ordinary and extraordinary everyday events that equal what I consider to be a pretty charmed life.

For example, today I had to go back to work after enjoying ten days off (don't worry - I do realize how fortunate I am). Anyway, it was hard to get up while it was still dark outside and get ready and out the door by 7am. As the day progressed there was all kinds of snowing and blowing going on outside and it was freezing cold. Things seemed kind of bleak and the day was feeling long when I found out that I would get to spend some unexpected time with my oldest grandson this evening.

We had a great visit that included Chick-fil-a for dinner, homemade chocolate milkshake topped with three cherries and some quality time playing trains. Here's a photo of the great train track that we built. Dylan said it is "huge" and "amazing" and "enormous" - and it is!




1 comment:

  1. I love that kind of view! I'll be looking forward to your other ones! ~ Kathy Westberry

    ReplyDelete