Sunday, October 30, 2011

Through Their Eyes


My daughter took a series of photos of my grandsons looking out the window while they were waiting to board the plane for our Disney trip. I love this photo because it allows me to see what they were seeing even though I wasn't there. I can tell from the photo that the boys loved watching the planes out on the tarmac and were excited about getting on the plane. Their Mom told me they were excited to see "Lone Star One", the Southwest plane painted with the Texas state flag and that the pilot of their plane waved to them through the cockpit window right before boarding started.

Every week there is a different challenge on the MyMemories Blog and the challenge this week only had one rule - the photos used on the page could not include faces.The challenges are great because they help me learn new digital scrapbook techniques and spark ideas for designs. I wanted to document Dylan and Patrick's first flight for the Disney photo book I am making and thought this photo was perfect for the challenge. 

For readers who may be interested in lifting this design idea, here's what I used to make this page: 
- The background is "Ocean Floor" from the kit "Some Beach Somewhere"
- On top of that I stretched a map that I found online across the entire page and turned the opacity down to 25% to allow the blue ocean to show through. 
- The font I used for "Flying" is called "Lemonchicken" and the other type is "Walt Disney Script".
- I used just a little of the Fish Eye effect on the photo to give it a little depth.
- Embelishments: The dotted line is curved stitching, the star is made using the shape feature in the program, Micky Mouse is made from three circle shapes and the plane is a png file I found online at clker.com - a free clip art site.

No comments:

Post a Comment